A Quick Start Guide To Your Hot Tub Bromine Tablets
Spa Start-up: Brominating Tablets
First Time Start-Up A Quick Start Guide To Your Hot Tub Bromine Tablets
- A Quick Start Guide To Your Hot Tub Bromine Tablets. #lovemyspa
- Fill your spa with water. If the make-up water is from a well or other nonmunicipal source, testing prior to filling is strongly recommended.
- Super-oxidize the spa with Brominating Concentrate with the spa circulation system on. Run all pumps at least one cycle.
- Operate the spa circulation system for at least 2 hours.
- Drain, then rinse interior surfaces and refill. Follow draining instructions in owner’s manual. The reason for doing this is because spas are tested with water and when they are shipped there is some water in the plumbing. By super-oxidizing with a sanitizer during a pre-fill, you lessen the opportunity to contaminate the water with bacteria.
- Test and balance pH (7.2-7.6), and total alkalinity (80-120 ppm).
- Fill brominator or floater with Teddy Bear Brominating Tablets.
- Adjust brominator setting to yield a 2-4 ppm bromine residual.
- Test the bromine residual. Fill brominator with Brominating Tablets as needed to maintain proper residual, If the hot tubs has an ozonator, it is recommended that you use Brominating Concentrate.
- Once spa is filled, start your spa. Add Teddy Bear Stain and Scale Control.
- Apply Teddy Bear Water Clarifier.
- Test the pH. Acceptable range is 7.2-7.6. Ideal range is 7.4-7.6. or with ozone 7.6-7.8
- Test total alkalinity of the water. Proper range is 80-120 ppm.
- Apply Teddy Bear Stain and Scale Control following label instructions.
- Shock your spa with Teddy Bear Non Chlorine Spa Shock.
Monthly Care – A Quick Start Guide To Your Hot Tub Bromine Tablets
- Test your water – Bring a sample to Teddy Bear Pools & Spas for analysis.
- Chemically clean your filter with Bear Strip Filter Cleaner.
- Drain, clean, polish and refill based on usage. #lovemyspa
- If foaming occurs, use Teddy Bear Anti-Foam.