BEAR FACTS Vol 2-3: Recycle The Water From My Pool Cover!
Spring is coming soon (I hope) and I want to know what to do with the water from my pool cover, other than just draining it into the street. You can filter it and put it back in the pool, this refill’s your pool after winter water loss.
Teddy Bear Pools & Spas has a disposable pre- filter that can be
attached to a garden hose. It’s Simple:
- Attach a garden hose to your cover pump.
- Place your cover pump on your cover, remembering to place something like a Frisbee under the pump. (Cover pumps can pull water through the cover).
- Attach the pre-filter to the other end of the garden hose.
- Place the pre-filter> under the pool cover on the pool.
- Start the cover pump. Depending on the speed of your cover pump, this may take several hours so set a timer to check the progress.
**NOTE: This is an excellent time to add algaecide. The water flow will circulate the algaecide into the water.
The water may be a little cloudy, but, as it mixes with the pool water, and filtration and chlorination begins, You’ll be fine. The pre-filter is disposable but given a good cleaning you may be able to use it several times.
If you have any questions please call Teddy Bear Pools & Spas at 413-594-2666, We will be happy to help.