Detergent residues from bathing suits and soap film from your body may gradually accumulate in your spa’s water.
Normally, every 3 to 4 months the water will become sudsy and should be replaced.
Showering without using soap prior to entering the spa, or using only the rinse cycle when laundering your bathing suit, will help to reduce detergent residue in the spa water.
- Remember to change your water every three to four months.
- At least twice a year you should use a System Flush for a complete line cleaning, consult your Teddy Bear Pools & Spas Lab Tech.
To drain your spa :
- Disconnect the spa from the power supply by tripping both of the GFCI breakers located in the subpanel.
- Locate the main drain valve for the spa and remove the drain cap. Attach the inlet of a garden hose to the drain valve (to avoid flooding of the foundation surrounding the spa) and route the outlet of the hose to an appropriate draining area Note: Spa water with a high sanitizer level may harm plants and grass.
- Open the valve by turning the knob. The spa will drain by gravitational flow. Important: All Hot Spring spa models will drain almost completely through the main drain valve and the secondary drain. Equipment such as the jet pump and heating system will drain. Any water remaining within the plumbing or equipment after draining will only need to be removed if the spa is being winterized.
- Allow most of the water to drain through the main drain.
- Remove threaded cap from secondary drain. This will drain the remaining water (about one gallon) from the bleedline system.
- When empty, inspect the spa shell and clean as required. (Follow the Care of the Exterior Finish instructions.) Note: if Winterizing proceed to winterizing instructions.
- Close the drain valve and reinstall the drain cap.
- Reinstall threaded cap onto secondary drain.
- Refill the spa through the filter compartment BEFORE restoring power.
Note: Refill water temperature must be between 50° – 70°F to avoid high-limit tripping.
Important: Always clean and rotate the filter cartridges each time the spa is drained for cleaning.