Approximately forty-eight (48) hours prior to closing your above ground pool, we suggest bringing in a water sample to our lab for a free water analysis. Your water will be in your pool for the next six months and its chemistry is important to the longevity of your liner, light, and any other parts that it comes in contact with during this period. For example, copper or iron in your water can stain your liner. Improper PH may be very destructive and corrosive to the pool and its equipment. Algae will be easier to get rid of NOW than in the spring. Let’s make sure your water is
properly balanced and algae free before you cover the pool. Now you are ready to close your pool! 1. After removing your solar cover, use Teddy Bear Cover Cleaner to clean and deodorize your cover before storing it for the winter. IMPORTANT: Do not store your cover in your shed or garage. Mice and ants will destroy it. Try to vacuum your pool of the larger foreign material. If you have leaves, remove them with a leaf net because they can stain your liner.
- Clean your liner above the water line with “Tile and Vinyl Cleaner” (NOT corrosive home cleaning agents.) This will remove harmful dirt, grease, suntan lotions, and air pollutants.
- Now you are ready to add your closing chemicals. It does not matter what order you are adding them as long as your filter is running and they are added separately.
- BEAR ALGAE OUT is a broad-spectrum non-foaming algaecide needed to inhibit algae from forming. Add the entire contents by walking around the perimeter of the pool.
- BEAR MAGNET is a coagulating agent that is used to tie up minerals such as copper and iron and hold them in suspension so that they may be filtered out. It is also used in preventing staining of your swimming pool liner.
- BEAR SHOCK is a super-shocking agent used in effectively eliminating bacteria and germs in water. This product is 100% water-soluble and contains no residue. We recommend pre-dissolving this product in a bucket of water. Stir contents with a wooden stick. Do not useany metallic object. Add the solution directly into the pool while walking around the perimeter of the pool.