- Follow the backwashing instructions in your Owner’s Manual. The sand bed may be clogged with mineral deposits that will not backwash away. Some calcium based chlorines and other alternative sanitizers will build up in your sand bed, and will require more frequent backwashing and changing of the sand.
- Before you replace all the sand in your filter, try removing approximately 1″ of the top layer of the sand, replace with the exact amount of sand you removed. Normal life span of the sand is about 4 – 5 years.
- You may have to clean your filter system with a special filter cleaner, check with your pool dealer for proper procedures.
- Check to see if there is a closed or partially closed valve along your return piping, open the valve.
- Your pump may be too small to provide sufficient flow for proper backwashing. Your filter will function, but a lower design flow rate will cause your system to backwash improperly. Check the output of the pump to be sure that it equals your filter’s design flow rate. Replace the pump if it is too small.
To Contact Our Service Department or Our Parts Department Click Here!