Dear Valued Teddy Bear Customer:
Thank you for choosing us to open your pool this season. Reservations for openings and closings will be accepted starting on Monday, February 4 this year.. The prime times in the spring and fall get filled very quickly, so please contact us as soon as possible if you need to schedule an opening or a closing.
For your convenience, on the day of your opening, we can deliver oversized accessories such as solar blankets and solar reels as well as smaller items such as extra chemicals. We need at least two business days advanced notice. All products must be paid for by the time of delivery. Please ask for any Customer Appreciation discounts that may apply.
- Prior to our arrival, we request your consideration in adhering to the following:Please remove all off-season water and debris from your winter cover. To avoid damage to your pool or cover and avoid injury to our crew, we will NOT open pools with excessive water/debris on covers. If we determine that there is a threat of damage or injury, (a) there will be an additional $50 fee to return to open your pool at a later time and, given our schedule, (b) it may be several weeks before we would be able to return to open your pool. We are not responsible for the clean-up of any water/debris that falls in your pool.
- Please bring water level in your pool to half-skimmer height. Water not high enough will prevent us from starting and troubleshooting any filter system issues and from checking for leaks throughout the system. Water above half skimmer is OK at the opening, but your skimmer will not work as efficiently to remove debris from the water’s surface.
- Please be sure our crew has unencumbered access to:
- A safe pool area Please keep all pets inside. (Thank you for cleaning up any pool area presents that they may leave!)
- Outside sources of water (garden hose) and electricity (Remember to turn on outside power). Also, filter timers must be activated.
- Easily seen and centrally located equipment (filter, pump, ladders, dive board, etc.). All equipment must be at ground level. For safety and liability reasons, we will not go into lofts, climb ladders or move your property in order to access or store your pool equipment.
- A storage area for your winter accessories. To avoid damage from insects and/or rodents, we recommend storing winter covers in a protective covered container.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR OUR CREW should be taped to the filter tank. Please do not assume that we will remember all your specific requests from last season.
PAYMENT IN FULL is required before we can open your pool.
PAYMENT OPTIONS: You may leave a check taped to the filter tank on the day of your opening. You also have two options to prepay by any major credit card. Either click the “Pay My Bill Online” icon on this website’s home page or call the store at 413-594-2666 or 800-554-2327 and request Ext.129. We will send your credit card receipt by email, so please be sure we have an updated email address. You may also mail your check. Your payment must be received in our office at least two business days prior to your appointment to allow time for it to be processed before our crew arrives. Promotional coupons such as Bear Bucks and/or gift certificates cannot be applied toward openings or any service work. They are for use in our Chicopee retail store only.
AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE will apply if we must return to open your pool because payment was not received or if your pool was not ready to be opened (See 1-3 above). Please understand that a timely return may not be possible during the peak times of the season.
WATER REMOVAL AND WINTER WATER LOSS
If you use an electric submersible pump to remove water from your winter cover, make sure that you put a Frisbee or a similar barrier object under the pump in order to prevent the pump from drawing water through your cover and thus draining your pool.
Some water loss is normal over the winter due to displacement. Click the “Ask the Bear” tab, then the “Pool Closing or Pool Winterizing Tips and Info,” then “The Amazing Disappearing Water Act” for further explanation. We recommend adding water to your in-ground pool while you are draining your cover to prevent your liner from “floating.”
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR OPENING
We will remove and fold your winter cover. We will be sure it is relatively clean before storing it away. Water bags and Aquablocks will be drained and the bags rolled for storage. Safety cover anchors will be screwed down to apron level. IMPORTANT: We strongly discourage the use of rocks, cinderblocks, bricks, wood, jugs or similar objects to hold down your cover. We will not assume any responsibility for damage which may be caused as a result of their use.
Algaecide, clarifier and the appropriate oxidizer will be added. It is your responsibility to inform us if your pool requires a sanitizer other than chlorine such as if you have an ECOsmarte system or you use Baquacil. These are incompatible with the chlorine products that we normally use and we will need to bring a special chemical kit for your pool.
Our crew will remove any winter plugs; take apart valves (except metal gate valves) and lubricate gaskets; connect filter equipment and start the system; install wall fittings, skimmer baskets, ladders, dive boards, drop in stairs, stair rails, lights and return fittings.
We will attempt to start heaters. If you have a propane heater, please be sure that the tanks are full prior to the opening. We will shut off the heater by the completion of the opening. Cleaning and/or repairs of heaters are NOT INCLUDED in the opening fee.
If you have a D.E. filter, we will recharge it with D.E.
Minor leaks around the filter will be fixed (If it is raining, we may not be able to detect small leaks. If you notice a small leak after we open your pool, please call us within 48 hours so that we may remedy the situation in a timely manner).
To avoid a $75 cancellation/rescheduling fee, please contact us with at least a three business day notice from your scheduled date.
Any repair work performed, including assembling filters, will be done at an additional cost. If there are missing or unavailable parts or accessories there will be a charge to replace them.
Vacuuming and cleaning of the pool or equipment are NOT INCLUDED in the opening price.
We will conduct openings in the rain unless there is danger to our crew (i.e.: lightning, severe weather) and as long as the weather does not impede our ability to do the opening. Should we need to reschedule, we will contact you as soon as possible.
We will attempt to contact you two business days in advance to confirm your appointment. Due to the nature of our work, we are unable to give a specific time for your opening.
If you have any concerns following your opening, please contact us within 48 hours so that we may address your concerns in a timely manner. You may contact us at 413-594-2666 or 800-554-2327 Ext 140 or at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued loyalty.
Ted Hebert Bill Sizemore
President/Owner Service Manager